Moving house

morrismnb

We plan to live in our camper for a few months after we've sold our house and while we look for a new one. Great in theory, but does anyone have any experiance and tips? We have camped in NZ for 2 months in the same size camper as ours, but holidays are different from "living". What about staying on a site for more than 28 days? Mail options? etc

We did just that for 3 months in Lincolshire from Nov till beginning of Feb year ago.We put what we wanted to save in a nearby storage facility the n went house hunting.Initially we stayed on a farm that just had a tap & not much else but eventually moved to a nice site which was open all year.Deffinately that was much more pleasant,it had heated washroom & toilets & was very clean & tidy.At only £4.50 a night extra we should have done that in the first place.Being the only people there the owners were glad to have us.To avoid our waste water freezing we left our 5 gallon can under the outlet & the tap open so we emptied it as soon as full.I bought exterior silver screens which were left on all the time & with our little convector heater only set very low we were very cosy & as snug as a bug in a rug!!!!!We changed our calor gas bottles for the largest we could house in the locker (13kl).You probably know that you can exchange them for any sizes you want to avoid frequent changes then we reverted back to our normal ones later.We bought a foam mattress top to make the bed comfortable anticipating a long stay.Stay close enough to the tap to avoid having to carry water its surprising how much you use when actually living in the MH full time.we kept our microwave with us to avoid too much cooking.Check out the paperwork you might need for a long stay such as vehicle documents etc etc.We really did enjoy our stay because I had planned well beforhand for quite a long stay ,fortunately we found a lovely house in just 3 months. :-D If you did have to move after 28 days it would only be for 1 night I think then you can return.

Archived