ford transit 2007 hand brake extender

rwhites1

got this off rare parts about my enquiry about the above

Hi Bob,

Replying to from overseas.

If your Transit has the usual stubby triangular section handbrake grip then our current design does NOT fit. We are thinking of possibly doing a Transit one though in the not too distant future if there is the demand.

Check www.rare-spares.co.uk for the grip size that the current extender does fit if you are in any doubt from the above.

Regards

Nigel Mills

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

-----Original Message-----

Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:09:10

To:info@rare-spares.co.uk

Subject: handbrake extender

Could you tell me if it fits the 2007 ford transit my motorhomes as swivel seats

thx

Bob

Bob:

A hand-brake lever extender would be valuable on any Mk 6/Mk 7 Transit where the lever is mounted to the outside of the driver's seat. It's a beggar to reach the lever even without a seat-swivel unless one has arms like an ape. Another triumph of ergonomic excellence!

I wouldn't hold your breath though, as I think an 'in-board' lever is still the norm with Transit and, as not too many motorhomes use a Transit base, I doubt that the demand volume is there. I also think the design/construction of the Ford lever lends itself badly to adding an extender of the type Rare Spares market.

Archived