Xmas Markets

Ray

Guest Ian Stewart
Has anyone visited the Xmas markets in Holland or Germany? Yes, Hamburg and Bremen in 2003. I can't help re camping sites, as we just took the car and stayed in hotels but this URL might of help. http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/cities&dates1.htm

Guest Paul LInes
We have'nt been before but are going to Valkenberg and Aachen markets the end of November.We are staying at Camping Den Driesch at Valkenberg. We haven't used it before.

Thanks Clive, Ian and Paul for your reply to my request re the Xmas markets. Paul we are now also going to the same camp site at the same time, hope to see you there. We will be in a Pilote. Clive if you want to let me have your EMail, I will give you, and your "Mrs"!! a report when we get back.

Bremen has a an all year campsite but it is a bit cool up there, horizontal wind, but the public transport is fine. Cologne also has an all year campsite also with excellent public transport. Nuremburg is another. The campsite is now Knaus Camping and should be very good but as I haven't been there for years I can't say one way or the other. Also has the public transport. Innsbruck and Vienna are also all year with transport. Hope that helps

Guest Ian Stewart
Re Bremen. You can get a "rover type" ticket for the transport system from the office at the tram terminus at the railway station. If you're on the campsite at the University, make sure you have a *long* electricity lead. One of the times we were there, I needed both my leads.

Archived