Glasgow camping and caravanning show

ducatobuild

Guys

Not that it really matters now but thought you might all like to know what we thought of the show,[unfortunately if i swore that many times on this forum i would doubtlessly be barred], so you can take it from that we were not best pleased.

We went to look for the smaller sized motorhomes of the Romahome or VW size and out of 5 halls found only one model and that was just by chance, the majority of the show was catering for the 30k upwards bracket with a great emphasis on park and residential homes, aware as we are that they have to sp0lit the balance to suit everyone but come on only one pop top shown out of a very poor motorhomes display anyway, absolutely discusting if you ask me, i would of been far better off going to my damn local VW dealer i would of gotten more respect and more information without a doubt, it is meant to cover all types of caravanning and camping but certainly didn't help us out at all, and we heard quite a few moans along similar lines

We wewre seeking a finace deal on a new van which was the purpose of our visit also [with a few problems to solve which i won't bore you with], saving a few dealers we spoke to who did all they could and more to assist us, we got the impression as did others around us at the time that if we were not going to buy cash, trade a vehicle in and take a 30-40k model they simply were not at all intrested and in actual fact East Nuek campers from our very own Fife region were one of the few to listen and try to assist..

Shame on the companies there i certainly for one would never now consider a new version of any of there vans as if they cannot give you the time of day at this point god only knows what the after service would be like, i think we are now convinced we will have to start looking for a good secondhand model instead, it is our only exibition after all surely a few more manufacturers could of attended to service us Scots, as it seemed to be a core few with masisve stands to fill the space rather than more companies with less space it were fewer with larger vans making the halls look full.

Had intended to visit, however postings on another forum indicated parking problems taking up to 1 1/2 hrs, poor ticket payment fascilities, and to be expected, rip off catering along with few MHs to look at.

Decided we did not need that and did not go, even although I had a two for one voucher.

I find the parking a real question as they should have experience of similar events.

Like all big events, they will not learn as badly managed and continue to attempt rip offs.

Can gain more information at a local dealer.

If as I guess it is a fair bit smaller than NEC, then that would seem to be proportionaly about same, i.e. lots of coachbuilts, not so many others. It may not be organizers fault if smaller van people don't want to exhibit.

The 'lads' from East Nuek do seem to be very aminable, and not just 'suits' out to sell vans, had a good chat with them at Peterborough, unfortunatly they just didn't have the right van for us.

It was our first show of any kind and all in all we had a good day. Yes there were only a few dealers for m/homes but you cant really expect it to be only that when it was an outdoor show for all kinds of camping/holiday homes. We had a good look at every m/home there and saw a rapido on the Brownhills stand that ticked almost every box except price (48k). It was the only fixed bed van that I have liked as we love our rear lounge and every van we look at has to have it.

Was slightly disappointed by the accessories stands as not many with only Towsure having a real presence...but horses for courses..we went for a day out to the only show we have in Scotland and had a good day.

Archived