Leisure Battery

Mary

Thanks to all who responded to my queries. I am getting there slowly. The situation with the leisure battery now is: the fridge works straight away when the leisure battery is connected but I have to switch the control panel (on the dash) on for the lights etc to work. Does this sound right to anybody out there (!)

Mary:

I've got no problem with having to operate a switch (or switches) on a control-panel to get ancillaries (lights, water-pumps, blown-air fans, etc.) to work, but I'm a bit wary about your fridge.

If your Dethleffs has a common-or-garden 3-way fridge that can operate from gas, a 230V hook-up, or a 12V power source, then you don't want the fridge cooling on 12V (ie. taking power from your leisure battery) unless your motorhome's motor is running and replenishing the battery's charge. If your fridge is currently taking 12V power from the leisure battery when your motorhome's motor is not running, then you'll soon have a very flat leisure battery. Perhaps you could confirm what sort of fridge you've got?

Archived