Fiat b---dy Fiat Radio

Corky 8

I know ,I know there are loads of topics on the fiat radio and Ive done the search thing. But try this one , I run my engine (ignition ON of coarse) put the radio on it works (as good as Fiat radio,s do ) I turn my ignition off and the radio goes off if I turn the key to MAR, I can have the radio on as long as I dont mind the oil , battery ,warning lights being lit as well . stamped on the ignition barrel face are the STOP (ignition key in possition) anti clockwise from that is PARK (for igniton key out but Parking lights on) one turn from STOP is MAR which brings up all the warning lights prior to ignition (the radio will work with key in this position ) then one more turn to start the Engine. But as I say the MAR position ( which I think would be Acc on uk motors) has the warning lights lit , can,t have these light on all the time I would be listening to the radio, I,m reluctant to start altering the wiring as I have a three year Warranty on the M/H and dont want to do anything to give them the opportunity to void any future claim on the Warranty, ........Am I missing Some thing .?

Could be a faulty radio ?

Is your radio on before you turn on the ignition ?

Our radio if on, when the ignition is off, will remain on when the ignition is turned on. If the ignition is turned off, the radio will remain on. (for 20 mins) ;-)

BUT if the radio is off, when the ignition is turned on, the radio can be turned on, but will turn off when the ignition is off.

Radio is a Blaupukt.

Rgds.

Hi

your radio should switch on without having to use the ignition key there are 2 feeds to the radio one is switched through the ignition switch and the other feed provides a permanent feed to enable the radio to work at any time, there is a built in timer that will switch the radio off after a period that seems to range from about 20 mins to 1 hr depending on the set. The radio wiring harness is pre factory wired and it is usually only a case of plugging the plugs in to the sockets on the back of the radio. you should have a wiring diagram in the radio manual in with your vehicle docs. If you slide the radio out you will see the 2 sockets on the back one has the speaker wiring and one has the electrical connections check a wire has not come adrift and make sure the plugs are pushed home into the sockets. If you have a multimeter then you can check the wiring out as per the diagram. regards Geoff

tonyishuk - 2008-02-12 12:18 PM

Could be a faulty radio ?

Is your radio on before you turn on the ignition ?

Our radio if on, when the ignition is off, will remain on when the ignition is turned on. If the ignition is turned off, the radio will remain on. (for 20 mins) ;-)

BUT if the radio is off, when the ignition is turned on, the radio can be turned on, but will turn off when the ignition is off. Thanks Tony

Radio is a Blaupukt.

Rgds.

:-( :-S my radio wont turn on when the ignition is off , it wont stay on when the ignition has been on and then turned off, the radio will only work with the ignition on (which leaves me to believe is wired that way )

Geoff Cole - 2008-02-12 1:07 PM

Hi

your radio should switch on without having to use the ignition key there are 2 feeds to the radio one is switched through the ignition switch and the other feed provides a permanent feed to enable the radio to work at any time, there is a built in timer that will switch the radio off after a period that seems to range from about 20 mins to 1 hr depending on the set. The radio wiring harness is pre factory wired and it is usually only a case of plugging the plugs in to the sockets on the back of the radio. you should have a wiring diagram in the radio manual in with your vehicle docs. If you slide the radio out you will see the 2 sockets on the back one has the speaker wiring and one has the electrical connections check a wire has not come adrift and make sure the plugs are pushed home into the sockets. If you have a multimeter then you can check the wiring out as per the diagram. regards Geoff

:-D Thanks Geoff, it looks like thats going to have to be the case , although my M/H is going in to Discover (Barron,s ) to have a few jobs done that they said they would do prior to collection but somehow got missed along with a growling front wheel bearing, I,m at home with wiring diagrams and can sort it if need be just though with not knowing Fiats I would ask,to see if I was missing something, thanks a lot, ;-)

Dennis, you probably have the off timer deselected in the menu (assuming you have the standard Fiat fit Blaupunkt radio). other than that it is perfectly normal. There is no problem with altering the wiring affecting vehicle warranty but if you're really concerned then get an ISO to ISO extension and make the mods to that then fit it in between the standard vehicle wiring and your radio. I have given details several times before on what alterations to make to enable radio use without ignition on. If you search again for "Fiat radio" you should find at least one thread that gives the details, don't forget to change the time limit on the search to "all posts".

D.

Dave Newell - 2008-02-12 1:43 PM

Dennis, you probably have the off timer deselected in the menu (assuming you have the standard Fiat fit Blaupunkt radio). other than that it is perfectly normal. There is no problem with altering the wiring affecting vehicle warranty but if you're really concerned then get an ISO to ISO extension and make the mods to that then fit it in between the standard vehicle wiring and your radio. I have given details several times before on what alterations to make to enable radio use without ignition on. If you search again for "Fiat radio" you should find at least one thread that gives the details, don't forget to change the time limit on the search to "all posts".

D.

Thanks very Much Dave ,I must admit to not having ( RTFI) Thoroughly on this occasion , and I will go through the hand book this evening and look at the points you kindly mentioned.,I think the radio is a standard fitted one with the standard Fiat Radio hand book , and I will plumb for the ISO extension to make any alterations to the wiring, The lack of a good wiring diagram with wire colour codes doesnt help ,although I did buy a Ducato workshop CD of the internet, I will have to make an effort to do some download , I,m Much obliged Dave and hope to be seeing you soon ref Cruise control, again once I,ve verified it to be acceptable to the Warranty Co Thanks to all who also Helped, Cheers Dennis

Archived