Boxer armrests

geordie

What year is your Boxer? If it is the 96-04 pre face lift they are the same as are fitted to the upper range 405 cars and you will find plenty of those in scrap yards or ready broken on scrap dealer shelves. I got one for the rear seat in our friends van cost £5. The only problem comes is if your seat was not origionaly fitted with them as the bracket on the seat is welded so it makes the job a tad more difficult.

Not completely sure but I believe the face lift models use the same as the 406 cars.

Bas

Basil - 2008-02-12 8:18 PM

The only problem comes is if your seat was not originally fitted with them as the bracket on the seat is welded so it makes the job a tad more difficult.

Bas

Bas,

I've got a 2006 pre-facelift boxer and I would love to add an additional armrest on the rhs of the drivers seat but there's no bracket on the seat frame. Have you experience of adding a bracket?

I'm fairly handy with a MIG and was tempted to try and get a armrest and cut a bracket off the donor seat and then re-weld onto my seat. I'd given up as boxers in breakers yards are like hens teeth but if a 405 car one fits I may be tempted to have another look.

Richard

Hello geordie,

As far as I am aware the Boxer that I understood was 96-04 pre face lift has the same arm rests as the 405, yours being an 06 I am not sure which variant that is but if it is the next one I understand the armrests are as the 406, not compared one personally.

However they all have a welded bracket for the armrest attatchment. Now I am surprised that if you have one arm rest that the other side does not have the bracket inside the cover, this is basically a plate with two nuts welded to the rear to which the armrest fitting is bolted using two set screws, the armrest then push fits to this when it is at a certain angle. So speaking only for the 405 type you either need to locate a seat with arm rests (which may be a direct replacement) and cut off the bracket and weld to yours OR if you are handy make up a bracket and weld it to yours and just unbolt from the doner and attatch to yours.

However check yours first the bracket may well be behind the cover and you will then only need to bolt the doner armrest to it.

I can definately state that the model of Boxer that I have experience of i.e. the first version pre face lift is definately the same armrest as the 405 car, clearly that is if the seats are standard Peugeot ones.

Bas

Archived