Autotrail Table

Guest Le Thou

Guest Le Thou
We have one of the mid size oblong tables in the Miami and want one of the round tables that fit on an arm that swivels out, trouble is that we ahve been quoted over £300 from Autotrail so there has to be an alternative........there alway is .......any ideas on who else does one?

There was one advertised on the 'Buy and Sell' page entitled 'Swivel Table' back on 12 January, you could try to see if they still have it.

Also found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-camper-swing-table-leg-for-T25-and-T4_W0QQitemZ260178478497QQihZ016QQcategoryZ76066QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

If you then do a search for 'table' in the 'Car, Parts & Vehicles' section you'll get a load of table tops to choose from as well.

If you can get hold of the 'leg' and then just need a 'top', try having a look round the flat pack furniture stores and catalogues, you can often find a cheap table there that you can use the top off for a lot less than you would have to pay for a normal motorhome one.

Hi Le Thou

I bought a "swan" leg from Magnum Motorhonmes, Grimsby last summer (from memory around £55.00) Unfortunately not shown on their website.

It requires 3 fixing screws (1 in the cup that the bottom of the leg fits & 2 in the bracket to enable the leg to swivel.)

They have a good selection of various size Table tops, starting at very low manufacturers surplus prices.

See

http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk/Category.aspx?CategoryID=14cbe9ec-9973-4158-8456-3d6eb85dc7c1

O'Leary's (near Beverley) have a similar leg, at a similar price, but IMHO was a poor alternative, as the table mount had a lot of ugly welded stays underneath.

Hi Le Thou

I bought a "swan" leg from Magnum Motorhonmes, Grimsby last summer (from memory around £55.00) Unfortunately not shown on their website.

It requires 3 fixing screws (1 in the cup that the bottom of the leg fits & 2 in the bracket to enable the leg to swivel.)

They have a good selection of various size Table tops, starting at very low manufacturers surplus prices.

See

http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk/Category.aspx?CategoryID=14cbe9ec-9973-4158-8456-3d6eb85dc7c1

O'Leary's (near Beverley) have a similar leg, at a similar price, but IMHO was a poor alternative, as the table mount had a lot of ugly welded stays underneath.

Guest Le Thou

Thanks all for that, the tables not a problem as such, being a cabinetmaker I can use the oblong table we already have and by using a trammel and router I can make a circular table from the oblong one, it was the goose neck leg I was stuck for, I tried the listing on Ebay and he is literally about 10 miles from me but he has none in stock as yet but will have next week.

Ta again

Archived