Site in Prague

dicksob

Hi, first time i,ve used the site but have very much enjoyed reading all the advice and discussion as a visitor.

We're off to Prague in our IH camper over easter going via the rhine and staying on the aire at Baccarach. I wondered if anyone had any sites in Prague that they could recommend - we'd like to be near public transport to get into the city and leave the van on site.

thanks

Bill

Glad to be of service.

One point the entrance wasn't too easy to find. I do remember a touch of 'matrimonial disharmony' trying to find it! So keep the eyes peeled to turn left past the railway - assuming you pass the entrance from that way! The island isn't obvious lots of overgrown trees hide the area.

I'll second that.

We stayed here a few years ago, and (whilst it is relatively easy to get to the metro), it is also possible to walk to the centre of Prague.

...and its close to the Staropramen brewery!

If you look at the map on the website, it isn't too difficult to find, (as it says on the instructions, turn off at the Shell station), but it isn't the first site you hit when you get onto the island, there is at least one before it (on the right).

To be fair, this looked OK, but lacked the ease of getting to the transport via the little ferry, which they run from the yacht club. (Essentially, this goes over 50ft or so of river, costs a nominal toll, and leaves you one block away from the metro)

There was plenty of room, the people were friendly, but the facilities were a little basic (if perfectly acceptable) when we were there. It was the year after the major flood, and I think they were essentially rebuilding - the whole lot must have been under metres of water.

The ferry seemed to run until fairly late, but if you are really late, the tram runs to the end of the access road to the island, so is not too bad getting back even in the early hours.

Given that it is right in the city centre, it was relatively calm and quiet.

Archived