Flat Leisure Battery

dwaviation

Nothing like that - It appears that a little nut came off the rigid fuel line and the line subsequently cracked. I heard a lot of 'piston noise' and then noticed more dark grey smoke than you could shake a stick at absolutely pouring from under the van and around (from?) the exhaust - The engine then started to sound like a total bag of nails as I lost power. I manage to creep along to somewhere safe and ditched it just as the engine quit. Dennis the very nice AA man reckons one of the pistons has run dry in the process. The engine is absolutely covered in diesel and will stay that way until the Peugeot dealer has a look next week (who happens to have been the last person to work on the van when they cleaned up the top of the rusty engine!! I haven't reminded them of that though...)

Could have been worse I suppose, could have happened up a dusty twisty Greek lane in the Peloponnese (where hopefully, I will be in a few months' time)

Aren't warranties great :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - My breakdown was the result of the common rail detaching itself from the engine 8-) All OK now, excellent service from both the AA and Peugeot.

As for the leisure battery - Maintained 100% for nearly three weeks, it would seem that the relay was not only redundant but power hungry as well.

:-D

I tried to follow up on this relay and have a feeling it for a Water pump with integral pressure switch and would feed the supply to it. As you have submersible pumps(twin) they are controlled by switches in the taps and the control panel.

Jon.

P.S. Sorry, forgot to mention - pleased you have engine all fixed.

Archived