Fiat Talento Dethleffs

shawnee

:-D After reading mmm for a number of years while working, I finished with my company last year and have invested in an older motorhome 1992 to be exact. I have a ten year old and he and I are most enthusiastic , however herself needs convincing, so we decided we would buy an older van to see if we like it. The van is very clean and I had looked at a number of them before purchasing. I bought it off a local dealer and I believe he gives a good back up. Just one or two things , that I need to find out. I would love to get a manual for the van, anyone know if this is possible. The green light on the control panel stays on continuously when leisure battery is in, surely this would drain the battery ? The old battery was drained and a new one was fitted, but I have taken to disconnecting the battery when van not in use ? Lastly is it okay to machine wash the removable covers from the seats in the van ? Thanks Sean (newbie)

Guest JudgeMental

welcome to the forum!

while no expert on these things I would say its unnecessary to remove battery. and I would think covers best dry cleaned to retain colour

The green light should only come on when it is connected to a 240 hook up . You can remove the cushion covers to wash them but they will shrink a little bit. What manuals do you need for the van as I have manuals for most of the equipment it has in it. I could photocopy them for you.

Thanks for your reply. I have no manuals for the van. I was looking for a manual that explained the electrics and control panel. The engine seems pretty straightforward however something detailing the type of oil filter and fuel filter to be used would be a great help. Is it still possible to buy replacement covers for the seats/beds at rear ? I think it would freshen up the van a bit, although they are not worn or torn, perhaps a dry clean would do the business. Thanks for your interest and help.

;-)

Archived