24v 24V Compact Trucker OvenCompact Trucker Oven

Rallyman

Hi All

just new to your forum and indeed to motorhoming. I have a burstner MH. I dont have an oven and find that there is only so much i can cook on the stovetop. I noticed the following in Maplins

24V Compact Trucker Oven

• Ideal for warming small food products such as pies or pasties

• Heats to approximately 150°

• Comes complete with timer and baking tray.

• Input: 24 volts/ current draw: 6 amps

Can anyone tell me if my battery system would run this. I have two 90amp batteries fitted. I attend sporting events where I do not have electricity. I would appreciate any help or advice.

Problem is, at that amperage, it only gives you 150 Watts of heat.  It is therefore either very small, or very slow!

Your best bet, if you want an electric oven, will be to get something that operates at mains voltage, and use that when on hook-up.  Lakeland sells the Remoska, which is quite versatile in what it will cook, but is neither cheap nor quick.  Otherwise, there is quite a wide choice in 230V electric grill/ovens with varying performances. 

I guess the first thing to decide is what it is you want to cook in an oven that you can't cook on the hob, and then look for something that will do that for you.  The main drawbacks with almost all such items is that they have to stand somewhere when in use, they take up space when packed, and they add to the weight you carry. 

Therefore, if you can work around it, you gain.  One possible solution may be a lidded skillet, in which it is possible to "dry fry", for example, a small chicken.  The result is almost indistinguishable from roasted, and the skillet has many other uses as well, so truly earns its keep.

Thanks guys for your help. Brian, myself and her indoors, went to the october NEC MH show and we purchased said skillet, but truth be told, we were such in awe of what it could cook, but didnt listen too intently and we cooked one rather dry chicken meal and that was the end of that. :$

Archived