LPG IN SPAIN

Wirralian

Having just found out that the Galp station in Avenida Valencia 46 in Caudete (ALBACETE) Spain does not supply LPG I rather think that my list of suppliers from website LPG-Refuelling-stations Portugal (which also covers Spain) may be out of date. Does anyone know of a more up-to-date site and particularly recent experience of LPG stations for the Malaga area.

We are in the Malaga area now and have been looking at local petrol stations. Not found one yet selling LPG. Think someone said they sell it on the road to Granada but sorry don't know where. If it is just for heating and cooking etc I saw a Spanish gas bottle for sale on the market in Arroyo last Wednesday. It is possible to get them changed at the local repsol garage. If you are near Malaga and need any help phone me on 600222400 and if I can help I will.

Have fun Sooty.

There is one in Granada, only a couple of hours drive and well worth a visit anyway. If you go up from just outside Malaga on the A45, (on the michelin Spain map), then take the A92 to Granada you go past the airport and take the turn off for Santa Fe then as the road narrows and becomes a single carriageway it is on the left. It is a LPG filling station only with 2 pumps surrounded by a chain link fence, so don't look for a petrol station, (like what we did!)

Guest Tracker
So just when I was sort of thinking about a Gaslow refillable for a longer than two Calor bottles winter stay in Spain and Portugal - I think I better think it out again - and maybe get a local gas bottle and pigtail when we get there?

Tomo3090 - 2008-02-27 9:13 AM

There is one in Granada, only a couple of hours drive and well worth a visit anyway. If you go up from just outside Malaga on the A45, (on the michelin Spain map), then take the A92 to Granada you go past the airport and take the turn off for Santa Fe then as the road narrows and becomes a single carriageway it is on the left. It is a LPG filling station only with 2 pumps surrounded by a chain link fence, so don't look for a petrol station, (like what we did!)

Thanks tomo3090, have updated my spreadsheet.

Olley

Tracker, it depends where you are going in Spain. There are the re-fill stations, just that you need to "hunt them down"! If you fill up in France before you get there, you should be ok for at least a month with 2 6kg bottles, we lasted longer than that in May/June so allowing for the fact you may need heating a month should give you time to find one.

Archived