Dodgy waterworks

Pegasus

Hello campers!

I've got an old van with a 12V Aquaflow water system - circa 1980. Above the filler cap was a funny little two-pin socket with a flap, which was basically seized solid and had to be 'chiselled' out. It left behind two wires, as per the picture here:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2660695060101691024wCimkj

I've been fiddling with the waterworks to try and recommission the system, and I've discovered that connecting these two wires to a 12v supply brings everything back to life. (Or at least makes the pump whirr when the taps are turned on.) Great, but a bit weird, I thought. I mean who uses an external 12v power supply to make their waterworks work? Is it normal? Why wouldn't the system be connected to the vehicle's own 12v system?

I'm new to all this, in case you hadn't realised! So any info/explanations gratefully received.

Cheers

Chris

Hi John, it seems you were right the first time. It seems that putting 12v 'into' the plug is just completing a circuit and allowing the pump to run. There's a power supply problem elsewhere that needs resolving, then all should be tickety-boo.

Cheers

Chris

Archived