Service pitches

Guest Le Thou

Guest Le Thou

Has anyone evr used in the UK the service pitches were you have your own dedicated fresh and waste water facility. Reason I was asking was that we have the lockable fresh water cap on the Miami and I noticed that you can buy the type of cap that takes the hose directly onto it so that the tank can be filled without removing the cap.

Point is., if you have one of these types of cap do you leave the water on permanently or is it just a convenience to fill withou removing the cap. (^)

Guest Le Thou
So it's basically a convenience thing as you can't leave the tap on surely because as you say it would just keep coming out of the overflow

Some continental MHs have a mains tap fitted to the van giving fresh water "on tap".

Many caravans, using the aquaroll system have a ball cock valve fitted inside the external tank allowing the water to be left on at all times. I do not know how this could be adapted to an internal tank.

On your van the pipe from the filler point to the tank is gravity only under atmospheric pressure. It is the pump that provides the pressure to the on-board system. So you can only use the service point to supply the water to the tank and turn it off, but you could leave it connected.

Archived