soundproofing

EVO

Sound enters the van via two main routes: through the engine bulkhead and through the bonnet and windscreen.

The second simply requires adequate sound deadening material glueing to the underside of the bonnet. The first is very difficult to fit insulation to without real expertise and, probably, removing part of the dashboard. Noisekiller make lead blankets that sit above the engine and attempt to cover both 1 and 2 above.

It's worth getting in touch with them as they offer kits as well as installation. www.noisekiller.co.uk - details on page 285 of the current MMM.

Mel E

====

Thanks Mel,

I had seen the Noisekiller advert and I looked them up on the internet but I wasn't sure whether this was what campervanners normally use. Judging by the response to my message on the forum it is not something that seems to be much of a problem for others, so I'll ring Noisekiller and

what they suggest.

Many thanks again

It is possible the response to your message was muted because this has been dicussed on several occasions before on previous threads, you can probably find them with a search if you are interested. I have just seen it and would wholey recommend Noiskiller their kit has been very good on our Boxer and we can hear the radio and hold a conversation at a sensible volume when cruising at 65 to 70mph.

Bas

Archived