tow bar

Brian Peters

hello all,

i am thinking of buying a tow bar for my motorhome, to eventually tow my smart car on a trailer. i had a quote from drh motorhomes in nottingham who are a Burstner dealer, my motorhome is a mercedes based t-star 710 2005 model with an alko extended chassis. the dealership quoted me £850 to fit which seems a bit excesive to me. looking under a van at the nec show with a tow bar fitted, they seem to use the pre drilled holes that are used for my rear steadies that i fitted? does anyone know of a cheaper tow bar fitter, who obviously meets the safety standards, and if the tow bar is attatched to the alko chassis through the rear steady holes, can i fit longer bolts so that i can still use my steadies???? i live in leicestershire but i dont mind traveling to have a tow bar fitted that will safely tow a smart car on a trailer. any suggestions will be greatly apprieciated.

many thanks in advance.

brian

...I had been quoted £750 plus from a place in Poole but had to go there to confirm....Ended up getting one from Watling street motors just outside St Albans for £580 all in ...Very happy with it and they are they are very knowledgeable as well.....

Archived