Ducato X250 (etc) Washer jets

euroserv

Would any latest shape Ducato, Boxer or Relay owner please check that their windscreen washer jets are working properly. We have had 17 failures out of a possible 26!

Initial symptoms are a wider than normal spread of spray, then dribbling and later; nothing much. The adjusting cylinder to the right hand side of the jet gets pushed out and sometimes disappears completely.

According to Fiat this is still not a known problem, and I must add that the jets are only about £4 each and are very easy to fit, but I think it should be an item that all dealers keep in stock for an immediate, quibble-free replacement. Unless they become 'aware of the problem' this will not happen. We ordered the entire UK stock of 4 units a month ago from Fiat. We could not get any from Peugeot at all, nor Citroen. It took 3 weeks for further supplies to arrive.

Please report any defective washer jets to your dealer as soon as you notice it. It might not be worth a special journey yet, but at least they will know about it.

Nick

Hi.

I noticed when I last used my washers, that the spray seemed a lot higher than I previously remember. They were going to top of windscreen and above, whereas before they in the centre of the screen. It's at the dealer now, I phone and ask him to check for me. Thanks.

Mike H.

We did find since new that the washer jets on the passenger side were too high and had these adjusted by the dealer a few weeks ago.

Whilst it is better, I do not find the wiper blade on that side is particularly effecitve in less than full wet conditions. I did mention this to the dealers, but all they did I think was to adjust the jet angle. Is there any 'secret' to making the blade work work efficiently?

Thanks Mike and Keith but it seems that you both have aim problems rather than the failure I was describing. If you have the problem you will see a small waterfall rising about two inches up the screen!

If you have one wiper blade not clearing properly it is probably because the arm is bent. This is even more critical on these new soft blade wipers than it was on the old type. When they are good, they are very very good but....

Nick

Archived