Sites in or near Antibes

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Heading for cote d'azur for Easter break instead of Loire as weather should be better*-) . My cousin has bought a holiday home in the town so meeting up with them.....

any recommendations for sites in or near the town?

route probably, calais-reims-troyes-dijon-lyon-aix le provence-brignoles-antibes. approx 750 miles

we will be in a rush so tolls will probably be expensive.....

is there a way of purchasing a toll credit card in advance?

Eddie

Don't know of a site around there, but the automatic card barriers, so far as I know, only work for cars, and you'll be Class 2.  You'll just have to keep a sharp eye out for the shortest queue!  You'll need to check site opening times too, quite a few have very short seasons on the Cote, it's hardly worth their getting out of bed for the "off season" cheapo travellers at their rates!  :-)

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks Brian, some sites in area open early April so should be OK....have been investigating subscribing to télépéage system but you are right as they seem to have a 2 metre height barrier and it is not that easy to join from here anyway.....

Eddie

I'm going back about four years but the best site in the area then was 'La Vieille Ferme' at Villeneuve-Loubet. Its situated on the coast road approx 4km NE of Antibes, and open all year according to the CC handbook (Listed under Cagnes Sur Mer).

The site was fine but getting to the beach was a pain as it's barred-off by the rail line running alongside it with access subways at long intervals. Having said that it's the case with a long section of that area.

PS. Thought of including a photo but thought that you wouldn't be able to stand the strain again! (Sorry, private joke anyone else reading).

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks for that Ron,(any time with photo's) site looks good, and I have emailed them. 20 deg C in Antibes this morning! :-D

When we were in that area a couple of years ago we stayed st Cannes La Bocca, I think it was, a site called Parc Bellvue - regret I can't give more inof as we are away from home, and I don't have the CC Continental Guide, but it is listed in that. The site was well situated a couple of Km outside Cannes, with good bus connetion, or easy walking. We then used public transport on the basis that parking would be a problem with the motorhome ( also more secure on site). There is an excellent rain service along the Riviera, or the buses, if you want to see more and take more time are very cheap.

Archived