18 Days and counting - Morroco

Paul M

:-D 18 days time we are off to Morroco for the first time, we have had loads of help with regards as where to visit I we thank for all your help.

8-) Just a few last minute bits of help needed before we cross the water from Spain. All the van paperwork is up to date, but little things like where is the best place to cross/best price, where do we change our euros/pounds Morroco currency . Have been advised to take small change to pay "guardians" how small? how much do you pay the guardians? Can we use our Nationwide card in Morroco

Paul and Ann

Yes you can use your Nationwide Card in Morocco, but try to have a alternitive as well. Gaurdians about what would be 20/30p English (you translate into Dirums.) have you found the money calulator on your computer it translates dirums into £ instantly quite handy. Carol.

Comfort insurance no trouble.

I found thatoutside the cities there are few "holes in the wall" and there are few enough IN the cities. Better take somthing like travellers cheques or good old fashioned cash. Service startions will accept most credit/debit cards and hotels etc. But smaller shops will not.

Pay the guardians what you think it's worth, sleeping overnight in a sleepingbag by the side of my car was worth about £1, he was happy. At a hotel I paid a bottle of cheap gin, don't tell the muller!

Keep your doors locked and your eyes open, if it isn't bolted down it will be lifted, whilst using my socket set at the side of the road in some small village a small boy (8 - 10 years old) ran up, snatched a couple of sockets and ran like hell! Anything is valuable and can be sold at the market next week.

Stones thrown as you pass by can be damaging, both to your vehicle and your morale, if you see small boys at the side of the road, foot to the boards and hope.

Overall it was an enjoyable and informative trip, I met with kindness and understanding, and bigotry and unpleasantness.

I wish you the better experience.

Geoff

Archived