Fuse for toilet flush, where is it?

kevandali

Hi Everyone

Anyone out there got a swift suntor 630?

My push buton toilet flush has ceased to work and I have checked all the fuses I can find, anyone have any idea where I can find the fuse for the flush?

Have looked t all manuals that came with the van but no joy.

The motorhome is currently drained of all fresh water, does the pump have to have a certain water level to work?

Any help much appreciated as always

Kevandali

Hi don't know if this helps but on my suntor there is a fuse in the cassette locker to the left of the cassette. Before you start taking your camper to bits put some water into the tank about 1/4 full should do, switch on the pump open a tap and pressurise the system, then try the loo flush. The flush water on mine is fed from the main tank so there must be water in the tank and the pump must be on and the system pressurised to work, the flush button just operates a solenoid valve to flush the loo.

regards Geoff

Kevandali:

It's very likely that Geoff has cracked the problem - an empty fresh-water tank means (in this instance) no flush-water available at the toilet.

My Hobby also has the fuse for the electric flush in the same place as Geoff's, so this is probably the standard position. To locate the fuse, look directly into the cassette-locker with the cassette in place: look past (and slightly to the left of) the cap on the cassette's emptying spout and you should easily be able to spot the fuse on the left 'wall' of the locker. It's a normal automotive 3Amp blade fuse and its pink top will be facing you.

Thanks for all the advise, not at home till the weekend but I think a combination of filling up and pressurising as well as checking the in line fuse in the locker should sort it.

Thanks for all the help, will have a go on Friday.

Action so far - - - -

I have topped the water system up and everything works ok with water at all the taps.

Tried the push button flush, still not working.

Then checked inside the toilet locker and there was a small two pronged fuse marked with an E.

Had a look at this and it seemed ok.

Any other ideas of what else I can try before wasting many more hours sat in a waiting room at Brownhills.

Could there be another fuse somewhere else?

As always any help much appreciated.

Kevandali

I thikn you'll find that the small two pronged fuse marked with an E is actually a 3 Amp fuse and you were looking at the number 3 upside down. Check the fuse with a continuity tester as it has been known for these blade fuses to look OK but still be open circuit.

D.

Dave Newell - 2008-03-11 1:52 PM

I think you'll find that the small two pronged fuse marked with an E is actually a 3 Amp fuse and you were looking at the number 3 upside down.

D.

DOOHHH !! :$ I knew that really, well spotted, will test it and see what happens, cheers.

Action so far

Have checked the fuse and its ok.

Contacted Brownhills on another matter and also asked advice on the toilet.

The pump is working ok as it is the main pump that is used for the taps and shower and all working ok.

Brownhills think that the main culprit could be the solanoid.

My final question is - - - - As I wouldn't know a solenoid even if I was poked with one, what does it look like?

And secondly, could I with a little advice, change it myself?

There is a small black thing that is covered in shrink wrapped lack plastic with two wires coming out of it. Could this be it?

cheers

Kevandali

Me again *-)

Having one last go to try and get a bit more info on this pesky toilet solenoid then might have to bow to the inevitable and book it into Brownhills.

Rang for info but as it is near the easter hols and everyone wants their motorhomes sorting NOW, I think my little solenoid is a bit too far down the importance list to warrant some decent advice.

I'm thinking that it can't be that hard to change, if someone could point me in the right direction for some extra info.

I think I have droned on a bit too much now, any help as always much appreciated.

Kevandali :-)

I suggest you go to the Thetford website - http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/show/id=51449/langid=42 - will take you to the page where you can select the type your toilet is - a C3 if it is a fixed bowl or a C200 if it has a swivel bowl. Then you get a pdf file to down load with some really clear and helpful diagrams and procedues to establish where the fault is and how you can fix it. It is one of the best web sites I have come accross. If you go back to the home page and then select the customer services tab you can get price lists for spare parts and other helpful information.

• 3 months later...

Toilet sorted, two wires that went from the pump and dissapeared underneath the swivel toilet had a short, not sure what it was caused by.

Removed the wires altogether and replaced with new.

Everything now working ok

Thanks everyone for all the advice :-)

Archived