M6 TOLL ROAD

tamworthkamper

Dave Newell - 2008-03-04 12:34 PM

I think that's entirely possible Graham, mind you after four and a half years of it I just got fed up of doing a minimum 80 miles a day so I jacked the job and started on my own. Best move I ever made, I only travel 1.5 miles to work now (lol) .

D.

Know what you mean Dave. My journey to work before I retired from the day job was only about 15 minutes but that was long enough in some of the traffic encountered. Now my commute to the office is only up the stairs :D :D

Graham

In view of the posts on parking - I have a ray of sunshine to share on the subject. Guildford city centre is worth a visit by day with some pleasant town and canal-side walks. Shopping's good too. The enlightened man from Guildford Borough Council told me I can park my 7-metre motorhome in the Guildford Park Road car park and just buy and display 2 tickets (£3.50 each for all day last time I was there.) Weekdays it is important to arrive before 08.00 hours as it is popular with commmuters from the nearby train station. The town centre is an easy 10-minute walk from the car park.

Bob

I don't want to start a new diversion on this thread but I see that Hospital Car Parks are to be relieved of their charges in Wales. How come all these parts of our supposed one country have all these perks when us poor people who live here in this Great ( I wonder) part called England are still paying.

Probably get moved to Chat now I suppose.

"I don't want to start a new diversion on this thread......... " So why did you?

"Great ( I wonder) part called England....."Funny that, I always thought it was GREAT BRITAIN not "Great England" GB being the cumulative of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, have I been misguided all these years?

D.

Dave, I just thought it would be an interesting off topic current news item.

Rant starts:

I'm sorry but you are still misguided

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales. United Kingdom is England, Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland (and possibly The Isle on Man as well). The British Isles are all of these plus the Republic of Ireland.

Rant ends.

Peace be with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny thing. When I drive my pickup over the QEII bridge on the M25, I get charged one rate for doing so, as it's a commercial vehicle.

When I put my dismountable on it, thereby making it taller, longer and considerably heavier, I get charged half the commercial rate, as it's magically become a car....

Archived