reversing mirror.

wurry

With a hightop camper even though I have a rear window, I have difficulty seeing what is immediately behind me when reversing. I recently saw the solution on another van - a largish mirror fitted to the rear of the van above the rear window, and angled down to give a view of anything close behind. Also useful to help reversing up close to another vehicle etc. Unfortunately I could not find the owner to ask, but does anyone know where to obtain such a mirror?

I wonder if towing mirrors could be adapted, Towsure have a couple of clamp on types, I brought a pair of truck mirrors from a auto jumble, one I use to see out driveway, other I've been meaning to fit on back of van

Guest Tracker

Try a truck mirror supplier.

There is (used to be) a convex mirror on a stalk that was designed to fit on the nearside door frame of a large truck or artic. Facing downwards and rearwards to enable the driver to be absolutely sure he had 'got' the cheeky cyclist trying to come up the inside they were all the rage once.

I fitted one of these on a Talisman just above the rear kitchen window and it worked well for seeing who was too close to your rear end - and for reversing - although I did have to fabricate a mounting plate for it, and it did get very dirty in wet weather.

A large size flat interior windscreen miriror stuck on the inside of the back window at 45 degrees up at the top works very well. No distortion in the rain either as it is in the dry. Alternitively there are those plastic lenses that stick on the inside of the back window that bend the line of sight downward.

Archived