Clothes Dryer

empress

Has anyone used these "mini rotary dryers" which are much advertised at present? And if so are they any good - I mean are they fairly stable? though I imagine one could anchor them with tent pegs etc. With three of us in the van drying clothes is our main problem when away for any length of time. Large ladies knickers seem to take up an inordinate amount of space on a line!

Empress :$

Personaly I find these things another thing to carry around in the van and finish up not being used. If you have a Fiamma bike rack the wheel supports offer a good pegging out area, behind the van, but whats wrong with a length of nylon cord and a 4ft collapsable tent pole cross guide with 2 pegs. chas

Use one all of the time we are away, they are really light and with a couple of tent pegs to secure it to the ground it is very stable and can withstand quite strong winds. The bottom tripod part also doubles up as a stand for attaching our Multimo satellite dish to - obviously with the clothes line part removed.

Alan W

Hi Empree,

We bought one lat year. We are pleased with it, its light, came with strong pegs to hold it down. Used it a lot on our 2 month trip to France last Autumn. The cloths we did not have to take as we were able to wash things out and dry them, more than made up for the weight of the dryer. One of the better asseceries to have.

David

Archived