REAR ROOF VENT ON ROLLERTEAM

booboo

Hiya everybody, was driving the motorhome yesterday going to a camp site and was caught driving in really heavy rain along with windy conditions,when we pulled into a layby to put the kettle on i noticed some splashes of water on the rear table and wall directly under the vent,dont get me wrong there wasnt alot off water but water never the less ,could someone please advise if this is quite normal with the conditions i was driving in ,would rather ask you guys before making a fool of myself getting it checked under warranty by the dealer.thanks for this. CHEERS KEITH.

Guest JudgeMental

Well.........Keith, it is a vent and in heavy conditions water may get through.

So I would say nothing to worry about, you did have it pulled down/closed didn't you? :-D

We have a Roller team, sounds a little different to yours as ours has the Fiamma turbo vent at the rear but they can work a little loose and rattle if you get in high winds.

I imagine is was a combination of the two elements coming together, try fastening down and putting the hose over it and see if any comes in with just water on it.

Good luck,

Mandy

Guest Tracker

We had a similar problem with an over cab vent in an old Bedford CI Autohome many years ago and cured it at virtually no cost by fixing a strip of plastic to the roof along the front edge of the skylight to act as a deflector.

Some skylights can also allow a lot of intrusive wind noise through and this can be cured by making up a hardboard square a wee bit smaller than the aperture, covering said square with an off cut of carpet and pushing the home made noise excluder / blocker into the aperture. That worked well too and also helps keep some warmth in at night.

Archived