Camping Card??

Hopesy

It's called a camping carnet and is really useful and can be obtained through camping caravan club or caravan club. I think you can also get it from other places but often means purchasing insurance but others I'm sure will have more info.

Regards

Jas

Roger.

The Camping Carnet is available from the CC and CCC. Cost about £15 for a year, it has its own insurance which gives you third party cover for quite alarge amount. Well worth getting, when you hand it in at a Camp site make sure you get it back when you leave..

David

I have this card and it is really handy in places and can get a reduction on certain sites too.

Do you have to be a member of one of the clubs? I am asking on behalf of someone who has just bought a motorhome. Could I get one for them being a member myself or does it have to be them personally.

Many thanks,

Mandy

It comes with the CC Red Pennant insurance. Would recommend taking this out when travelling abroad, not only for breakdown but also accidents. Last year my wife tripped over on our 5th day out and fractured wrist, which entailed hospilisation and an operation. All paid plus incidental expenses by insurers. It is also good to have an interpreter on the other end of a free phone call. Most english peoples french does not extend to technical jargon. Yes we did have our E111.

Found a link for this:

http://www.campingcardinternational.com/published/cci/content/pagina/homepage/homepage.nl.html

Having just looked at it, it doesn't give details of where you get it from over here.

The RAC supplies it to RAC members only, and you can also get it from both clubs as has been said.

You do have to apply in your own name though, when you get it, it is pre-printed with your details.

Ina.

Another benefit of the camping carnet is that many sites accept it in place of your passport, so you don't have to hand over the latter. Nominally it is only valid for a year, but I have not bothered to renew mine for years and have never had a problem.

I ordered a camping carnet from The Caravan Club today and was told it was £4.95. I also ordered a Les Castels card which is free to members and a new ACSI card. The chap told me he would have to charge postage for the ACSI card because I hadn't got Red Pennant or booked a ferry with them but it only came to £13.40 all in.

He said I would have to go onto the Les Castels website to ask them to send me a brochure and a map FOC.

John.

The Camping carnet costs £4.75 from the CCC and is offered free if taking out their personal and breakdown cover through Carefree. Its never been very expensive and saves a lot of hassle when checking into campsite receptions. chas

Hi, Yes I realise it was going to have to be in their name but as he is my ex husband of 24 years I know most of his details just wondered if I could do it for them.

I am guessing then that he needs to be a member of one of the clubs in order to get it in his name.

Oh well, they can sort it when they find the van they want, they are really struggling at the moment.

Many thanks to all

Mandy

Archived