National Motorhome Show - Peterborough

Mel B

I've put this on here 'cause not many people look in the 'shows' bit!

Who's going and does anyone know what the site layout will be? In the past I've been able to oggle a layout plan but I can't find one at all for this year's show.

We are going to go for Friday to Sunday but as we belong to several of the 'clubs' which give discounts we don't know which one to choose to camp with. We want to choose based on the camping site layout, and/or who else is going and camping, so come one, who else is going for the weekend and which 'bit' are you going to be sited in?

I thought it would be nice if a few of us gathered up on an evening (yes, I know Tracker is planning on going but, what the heck, the more the merrier ;-) ). (lol)

Also, is anyone planning on going to see Julian and the Elvis tribute band? My hubby quite fancies it. *-)

Hi Mel

If its of any help I can send you a copy of the layout. Won’t be till tomorrow as my scanner is playing up.

We booked in the Camping Club area, however had a letter today saying that Camping club will not have it’s own area due to some problem with Marshal’s. They sent us a replacement pass for the general area. The layout looks different to the previous years, probably due to the new indoor exhibition centre I guess.

Don

Hi Mel

We have booked up Thursday to Monday must try out the new van, i was never a lover of the Peterborough show we had a bad experience of this show during one stormy season. but last year we went because we had a new van and wanted a solar panel fitted, Airide and Ultraseal in the tyres and would you believe we had them all fitted by 2pm on the Friday. But alas we lost that van in the storms last July so we are starting all over again.

We always camp in the disabled area as I have trouble with my ticker but I am in the Motorcaravaners club but I need to be as near to the the exibition if possible.

We have only ever been to one show and we could only see the side of the stage and we froze damp grass so we never bothered after that, but I would still like to meet some of the forum members and put faces to names .

Terry

Don

I would love to have copy of the plan if you could send me one Please

Thank You

Terry

Guest Tracker

We will probably go but we will not book because we won't go if it is very wet and muddy as there is little joy in that - especially with a dog!

We have not been to the Peterborough show before but I do know, as with most outdoor shows (except Shepton Mallet which has lots of hard standing) how muddy it can quickly become.

If we do go we will wait until the day before (Wednesday) before finally deciding as it is not that far to drive.

It does mean paying a couple of quid more, camping in with the rabble rather than the clubs, and maybe a bit further to walk to the displays, but that has never been a problem at past shows.

I have posted similar to this in the Show forum but as Mel B says not many seem to look there.

However looking at the camping areas this year it looks as if the General Camping area has been quite badly 'squeezed' compared to earlier years making it further from the show and closer to the A1 so that is not so good either.

Funny how members of other forums (?????) as well as clubs get prefferential treatment over MMM subscribers and users of O&A Live in this area i.e. I would have thought that there should be some benefit in being a loyal MMM subscriber and being sited close in to the show in preference to the 'others' (in particular the other forum) rather than on the outskirts!!!

What do others think

Bas

Mel B - 2008-03-11 5:51 PM I've put this on here 'cause not many people look in the 'shows' bit! Who's going and does anyone know what the site layout will be? In the past I've been able to oggle a layout plan but I can't find one at all for this year's show. We are going to go for Friday to Sunday but as we belong to several of the 'clubs' which give discounts we don't know which one to choose to camp with. We want to choose based on the camping site layout, and/or who else is going and camping, so come one, who else is going for the weekend and which 'bit' are you going to be sited in? I thought it would be nice if a few of us gathered up on an evening (yes, I know Tracker is planning on going but, what the heck, the more the merrier ;-) ). (lol) Also, is anyone planning on going to see Julian and the Elvis tribute band? My hubby quite fancies it. *-)

Mel

I will be there on the sunday.!!http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

From our last posts, I need to know what would be the best bit of clothing that I should wear.??

This follows on from your last post & very good advice as to clothing to be worn when going round the NEC show.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gifhttp://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif

See you there!!

Thai

Mel B - 2008-03-19 7:22 PM Okay, I've finally made my mind up and booked! S*d the tenants!!!! I need a break! (lol) Going Friday to Sunday, in the Club Brownhills bit. :D

Mel

I'm so glad you're going.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gifhttp://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif!!

Will there be a stand selling wooden paddles??

Look forwrds to maybe standing next to you without you knowing it.!!

Thai

Mel, we are going from the Thursday in the odds and sods section ie General Area. It looks to be going further and further out! Will we have enough energy to walk from there to classy Brownhills Club? I don't know but it would be fun to meet you.

Empress (?)

Well at least not as hard as a black bullit :D fancy explaing to me what clagy toffee is :D .

Its like explaining peas pud and stotty cake man :D Just cause a live here doesnt make is a soft southerner ya na :D e eeeeeeee eeeeeeeee never :D

See you all at the MMM tower

Clive - 2008-03-20 6:38 PM

Do pop in a trade insults if you like.

C.

Won't a 'trade' insult get us banned off the forum Clive! :D

Now if you mean 'tirade' my old sausage well, I've got plenty of those, but I'll wait until Peterborough so I can do it in person in your gazebo! Oh, I'll remember my camera as well for those lovely photos of the hard working MMM contributors!

(Happy bunny today ... meters sorted at the bungalow and the new tenant moves in on Tuesday .... ) :->

Thai Bry - 2008-03-19 11:40 PMWill there be a stand selling wooden paddles??

Look forwrds to maybe standing next to you without you knowing it.!!

Thai

Don't know about the paddles ... could come in handy as a club I suppose! As for you standing next to me without me the knowing ... I've seen the photo Thai so I know what you look like. ;-) For those of you who are going and would like to meet up, should we all gather at Clive's gazebo? Would that be okay Clive? If so, when would be the best day/time??? (?)

Hello all,

We will be there on the Fiamma stand with a full range of Fiamma products and at the show we will be offering a FREE FITTING service on all Fiamma awnings.

It might be best to give us a ring if you are interested to make sure we have enough awnings 'on board' otherwise the next FREE FITTINGS will be at Newbury or Shepton Mallet.

Regards and Happy MotorHoming.

Peter

Archived