Shurflo Trailking pump leaking

Rowan Lee

Our Shurflo pump has developed a leak where the top plastic part is screwed down onto the main part, presumably with some sort of gasket. I discovered this last weekend and cured it by tightening all the screws. Yesterday we had a leak on the water tank inlet repaired, and to test this they filled up the tank. When we got home, I obviously wanted to drain the system again and since my tank doesn't have a drain tap, the only way to do it is to pump it through. This continuous load on the pump has set off the leak once again. I will try to tighten the screws once again but obviously this is something which needs attention.

My question is this: can you get gaskets (I cannot find any in the CAK catalogue or anywhere on line) or will I need a whole new pump? Is this a DIY job or an expert job?

I would also be interested to know if this is something that can be expected with age and use (the van is six years old now) or is it more likely to be frost damage?

Expert advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.

All the spare parts for the pump are available direct from Shurflo direct.

SHURflo Ltd.

Unit 5, Sterling Park

Gatwick Road Crawley

West Sussex, RH10 9QT, United Kingdom

Phone: 0044 (0) 1293 424 000

Fax: 0044 (0) 1293 421 880

E-mail: sales@shurflo.co.uk

www.shurflo-original.com

Actually, you can repair the leak you have by undoing the 6 or 7 screws (I can't remember offhand how many) and gently easing the two parts far enough apart to put in a thin bead of sealant. From memory, there isn't actually a gasket there.

Thanks for the info Brian. One thing I find very frustrating with Google is that it only seems to turn up suppliers, I can never find the manufacturer's website. Maybe I am just not doing the search correctly.

I will investigate further, but your suggestion sounds like a good one. Many thanks.

Archived