Newhaven-Dieppe ferry service?

Guest Derek Uzzell

Guest Derek Uzzell
I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has used this cross-Channel route in the recent past. I'm interested in opinions on the operator's efficiency, comfort of the vessels, etc. Based on information on the camping-infos website it appears that overnight parking in Dieppe close to the ferry-port is practical and should present no obvious problems security-wise, but any comments on this would be welcomed. Also, what's the position regarding overnight parking at Newhaven ferry-port, please?

We used the hoverspeed route several times and it was a great service but now i think its only transmanche who operate conventional ferries from there so can't help on that one. The aire has moved location several times over the past years, it used to be on the carpark by the flats on the other side of the inlet, then moved to rough ground close to where it is now located. Now a 'proper' aire with a nice tarmac surface and proper m/h servicing facilities, hence the cost of €8 a night." minutes walk from the terminal and only about 15 minute walk to the pleasant town centre, try and visit on a Saturday morning, they have a great market there. We've stayed overnight several times and had no security issues whatsoever. pete.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Martyn Thornber
Well Derek as far as we know, the Hoverspeed crossing has been cancelled! Now unless it has been re instated of course?? We were booked on it for this Aug but had to make other arrangements. As for parking at Newhaven, no problem, there is a tatty car park right on the outside of the port, we have always felt quite safe, sadly there is not a tap to be seen for a fill up but we are a couple of funny beggars about carrying a full tank of water for 250 miles... Martyn & Andrea Thornber

Archived