Tyre sealant

Geoff Beasley

Hi,

I'm sure that this has been discussed before but I can't find it!

I'm trying to find somebody in my area to inject my tyres with sealant. Does anybody know of anyone in North Lincolnshire where I can get it done or is it possible to do the job oneself? Any help would be appreciated.

Geoff.

(lol)

Hi

We have had this injected into our car and caravan tyres several months ago and have covered some 5000/6000 miles since.

Useing the same digital pressure guage the tyres have not lost any pressure at all.

This makes absolutely no difference to the vehicles steering or wheel ballance.

Very pleased with it, safety and peace of mind

The garage mechanics who have to mend a puncture will be very far from happy with the mess is causes.

I would like to see some results from detailed tests of this type of product before i go down that road.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Info supplied by manufactures is very biased and often worse than useless.

How often have we read about cheap devices that will reduce fuel consumption by 30% or increase power by 50%. Where are these devices today and why do the manufacturers not use them if they are so good.

I need facts - real facts.

djchapple - 2008-03-28 5:57 PM

The garage mechanics who have to mend a puncture will be very far from happy with the mess is causes.

If you need REAL facts why spread base less rumours. The sealer that the original poster wanted is a water based product and is easily washed out, this I have seen myself. Now if its the emergency get you home sealer that is a different story, being rubber based it is a right pig to get out. So please don't add to the confusion by stating rumour as fact

djchapple - 2008-03-28 5:57 PM

I would like to see some results from detailed tests of this type of product before i go down that road.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Info supplied by manufactures is very biased and often worse than useless.

How often have we read about cheap devices that will reduce fuel consumption by 30% or increase power by 50%. Where are these devices today and why do the manufacturers not use them if they are so good.

Pretty pointless discussion when you say that mechanice will not be happy repairing punctured tyres when they have had Ultraseal injected because if you get a puncture that ultraseal will not seal the chances are that the tyre is beyond repair and no good anyway.

As I have said previously on this thread we have it injected into our caravan and towing vehicle tyres, no problems at all and more peace of mind.

We injected it ourselves and it is so easy, just be careful to get the correct amounts.

We got ours from www.SwiftlySorted .co.uk phone number 01270 624 393 or 07850 518 372

I seem to have touched a raw nerve with some of our bad tempered and ill mannered posters.

If you cannot post a sensible and friendly rebuttal of my erroneous post then please clear off and leave the posting to the majority of us well mannered members trying to get some sensible answers.

Many of us sick to death of the new "post rage" that starting to come in the replies given to well meaning questions or statements.

Shout and rave away, I have my fingers in my ears.

djchapple - 2008-03-29 8:02 PM

I seem to have touched a raw nerve with some of our bad tempered and ill mannered posters.

If you cannot post a sensible and friendly rebuttal of my erroneous post then please clear off and leave the posting to the majority of us well mannered members trying to get some sensible answers.

Many of us sick to death of the new "post rage" that starting to come in the replies given to well meaning questions or statements.

Shout and rave away, I have my fingers in my ears.

Hi

Who is this aimed at?? Everyone seems to be trying to be helpful to me

How about"pretty pointless discussion"

How many time have we read post asking what is, to some, daft questions, for example the daily posts on reversed polarity.

These post are obviously not daft to the poster

If members cannot answer in a friendly manner then its better not to answer at all.

All I am asking for it a little bit more tolerance and less aggressive approach.

no such thing as a stupid question - just stupid answers,

otherwise no-one would ask anything and then where would we be,

so - ask away - someone somewhere will give a straight answer without feeling the need to make smart remarks to make themselves feel good

- or perhaps Mike was just having a bad day ??

difficult to know without the tonality and body language that makes up over 80% of the message in the 'real world'

now I could give a stupid answer on this one - 'cos I know absolutely nowt bout it. Have carried the puncture repair sealant for emergency use - I figure I'd rather throw the tyre away [with apologies to the greenies] than be stranded somewhere, would be interested in more info on the other kind tho - and don't fancy doing it myself - or even himself >:-)

B-)

djchapple - 2008-03-30 5:23 PM

How about"pretty pointless discussion"

How many time have we read post asking what is, to some, daft questions, for example the daily posts on reversed polarity.

These post are obviously not daft to the poster

If members cannot answer in a friendly manner then its better not to answer at all.

All I am asking for it a little bit more tolerance and less aggressive approach.

Hi Again

Not wanting to fall out with anyone and don't think my post was at all agressive I simply said

" Pretty pointless discussion when you say that mechanice will not be happy repairing punctured tyres when they have had Ultraseal injected because if you get a puncture that ultraseal will not seal the chances are that the tyre is beyond repair and no good anyway".

If you think argueing the toss over what I am trying to point out to you is most probably a nackered tyre then count me out. You have the argument to yourself, why ask for information if you are going in the huff when the information people give you doesn't suit you

sorry just to post to the original question.

There are some links posted to where you may get this done. I personaly would not have it due to what I was told by the guys at the "you cant get thicker than a quick fit fitter" workshop.

I understand is to some persons taste and many speak highly of it. Oddly enough I have a similar thing in my push bike tyres. The other product people talk of in the emergency tyre sealing puncture repair kit is the one that the guys at the depot will go crazy about fixing a puncture on. The mess it causes is really bad. They would rather sell you a new tyre because its easier for them.

Archived