Spare gas regulator

chas

Can anyone suggest a supplier of a 30mb bulkhead gas regulator. I am now on my 3rd Truma regulator, and have raised it as far as possible in the gas cupboard and also have a lower loop in the hose. The regulator is working fine at the moment, BUT, I dont know if it may have got contaminated before the alteration to its new position. So I dont want a Truma regulator but a spare of a differant make just in case it decides to give up the ghost, and I can fit the spare while away. Have looked at Gaslow, but they dont seem to offer one, also I dont need any with gauges on , just a plain simple 30mb bulkhead fix. Many thanks chas

breakaleg - 2008-03-18 12:07 PM

Hi Chas, I don't think gaslow do regulators, but they do gas pipes that are made out of stainless steel (think thats right) so the stuff that blocks the regulators isnt there in the first place.

pete

I bought one of those pipes a few weeks ago. My thinking was that our van was coming up to 4 years old and that the conventional pipes should be changed every 5 years. Whilst we had no problems so far we wanted to avoid them in future and I guessed that deterioration leading to leaching (correct term?) of "stuff" might be more likely as the pipe got older.

One thing I am really pleased about though is that the hand turned (rather than spanner turned) fitting means that I can just swap the pipe from empty to full bottle when one runs out. Previously the position of the bottles in the gas locker meant that it was only possible to angle the spanner to connect a bottle in one position - so I had to swap the bottles around when one ran out.

Graham

Chas:

The regulator suggested by BrianR is made by Clesse and available from several sources. It has been claimed to be immune to the problem that afflicted the Truma-marketed product.

However, a potential drawback with the Clesse 30mbar regulator is that its M20-threaded outlet is designed only for 10mm metal pipework. This means that, if your motorhome (whatever it is) has 8mm pipework (and this is the more common diameter), then you will need to use a 'step-down' adapter to attach the Clesse regulator to your vehicle. The Truma/GOK regulator is available in 8mm or 10mm versions, while an 8mm or 10mm adapter was needed for the regulator marketed by Gaslow.

I'm also on my 3rd Truma/GOK 30mbar regulator and I carry a back-up regulator of the same type. This is not because I'm a fan of the Truma product, just that I know that (if I need to) replacing the present regulator on a like-for-like basis will take a matter of minutes, whereas replacing the Truma regulator with one of a different make will be more complicated.

Archived