combined reversing lamp/beeper

P5B Rover

Hi, I recently fitted a combined reversing lamp/beeper to my rapido 741F and found that the bulb/beeper worked OK in reverse but the beeper also sound off when the rear lights are iluminated.

Anybody come across this problem before and got a cure

Cheers

Jim

There is a previous thread on here that discussed this. It seems it is not illegal to fit on any vehicle but it is illegal to use them on the public highway if you are anything other than designated vehicles, motorhomes not being one of them, and at anytime during the hours of darkness.

With regard your problem there are several types available, some do not cut out and therefore do not comply with the regs, some you have to place the gearbox into reverse to activate the reversing light circuit then back out and then back in within a specified time to cancel the bleeper.

That was my understanding of the situation, hope that helps.

Bas

P5B Rover - 2008-03-20 9:13 PM

Thanks for all your replies. You've got me as to the legallity but I will check out the earthing and put the beeper into the " it sounded a good idea at the time box"

Once again thanks

Jim

I happen to believe that it is a good idea for any large vehicle and would have fitted one, obviously that complies, to ours but there is no getting away from the regulations that prohibit their use on the highway for other than the expressly allowed vehicles.

Bas

Archived