Do you fill up with fresh water?

Wilson

Wilson - 2008-03-20 2:32 PM

Hi

Do you fill up with fresh water before going on a journey and if so what effect does this have on MPG?

Hope to get away this weekend so happy Easter to one and all.

Wilson :-D

Hi Wilson

We always travel with full tank as we use mostly aires abroad and there is nothing worse than arriving late on one to find water out of order etc. In UK we use CLs and always forget to fill up before pitching so once agin, always fill up before leaving home.

Our tank is under the dinette so it also helps with the traction if the ground is a bit soft. As for the MPG-don't think it makes that much difference really and we have to pay up anyway, don't think an extra copper or two will break the bank.

We always drop the waste though- if not we always get the dreaded 'red light' just as about to take a shower!

Happy Travelling

Mike

Hi, we allways travel with a full tank and we get 32mpg regulary, it does affect the handling, well at least it has a different feel as opposed to empty, better if anything, we use mostly cl's here and aires abroad, even on a cl, you don't know how close you can get to a tap untill you get there.

we went to one a few weeks ago and couldn't get nowhere near the tap.

we also have a sog system fitted and empty that every morning and fill the water tank before we leave.

pete

We always travel with full tanks, the van facilities get used where ever we happen to be, not just on sites. Thats one reason I look for a good payload, I'm not after a caravan with a motor in it, but my own little home that can 'work' anywhere.

Archived