Anyone For A Park & Ride Edinburgh Or 2.

gordonaldson

New Park & Ride on south side of Edinburgh just half mile from City bypass at Sheriffhall, just off the famous Sheriffhall Roundabout with its lights and traffic Queues. Turn off for A7 to Danderhall and City centre, can't miss it unless your blind.

Just enquired today: 24 hour overnights for Motorhomes, Security camera overviews, middle of field so no yobs to through their dummies at you. I asked and no thefts have been reported

Could be good for Festival or Hogmanay.

X48 Park and Ride bus every 15 mins through week and 30mins weekends to Ratho via: Royal Infirmany, Surgeon's hall, Princes Street, Haymarket, Drum Brae, Gogarburn, Ingliston Park & Ride, Ratho.

Yes you may have Noticed Park & Ride at Ingliston is connected for those who know of this one.

There's also a 49 bus from here going same way to Princes Street, but then down Leith Walk to Leith where it almost does a circular tour to Asda near Portobello.

There is however a Tesco store only a few miles from this Park & Ride, at Eskbank.

For dog lovers theres a nice farm track walk about a hundred yards away.

I stay ay Danderhall and work at Steamtown Carnforth where I live in my Motorhome through the week. (Anyone for 08's, 33's, 37's, 47's, 60's or Steamies - Altonhall aca Hogwarths steamie. Oh sorry didn't you know).

Just thought I'd let all you wonderfull, lucky if your retired, people know.

Good Luck,

Gordon.

I wouldnt count on getting on at New Year or the Festival everywhere else gets well booked at those times! we stay at the C.C. site its not far from Leith just a bit further North and you can catch the bus from outside the gates into Edinbrugh.

Just asked at Sheriffhall Park & Ride station today and was told post code is EH22 1FF. So take a note travellers you may need it some day.

I'll check it out to make sure some day on my own Sat/Nav.

By the way Edinburgh at the moment, is just a mess we'll say without swearing, regarding road works, more to do with the roads getting dug up for the new tram system. Leith Walk is like the mountains of the moon and Shandwick Place is closed completely.

Good Luck,

Gordon..

Hi Gordonaldson,

Have only just picked up on your Edinburgh post.

Sorry to be pedantic but does overnight parking mean that overnight sleeping is allowed? Many UK car parks allow 24hr parking but specifically ban sleeping. OK some will say "Who sleeps on hogmanay?" But the question is still valid. Especially for the warmer times of year.

Regards Cattwg.

Archived