gas bottles

loneranger

Have you seen my european gas bottles for sale on ebay ??? search in community for 'hollidaygeoffrey'.

If you are going to spend a reasonable length of time (we say 'off site camping', others call it wildcamping) in a particular country, it pays to have a gas bottle of that country.

Be quick you could get one for 99p :-D

Apart from the self advertisement, which is not generally welcome, perhaps you could explain what, exactly, a "European gas bottle" is?  While you're at it, you might also explain how one such can be sold for 99p, and how it might be used in a motorhome.  The only European gas cylinder generally available is Camping Gaz, which is butane only, but can usually be exchanged throughout Europe.  Otherwise, refillable cylinders can, as suggested, be re-filled in most European countries.  All other cylinders are branded, are the property of the supplier - who hires them to the user, and may only be exchanged for full cylinders, and not re-filled by others.  What, therefore, are you offering, how can it claim to be European, and how/where can it be exchanged/refilled?

Facts please.

Brian:

Searching e-bay on "gas bottle" indicates that loneranger is offering 4 secondhand 'exchange only' steel canisters, each with an appropriate regulator - a Spanish (Repsol) bottle, two Greek bottles and a 13kg French bottle. The starting bid-price for each canister + regulator is set at 99p.

Derek Uzzell - 2008-03-22 8:29 AM Brian: Searching e-bay on "gas bottle" indicates that loneranger is offering 4 secondhand 'exchange only' steel canisters, each with an appropriate regulator - a Spanish (Repsol) bottle, two Greek bottles and a 13kg French bottle. The starting bid-price for each canister + regulator is set at 99p.

Thank you Derek.  I don't "do" e-bay, and really couldn't be bothered, but how much easier it would have been to understand what he was saying if he'd just set it out as you have.  "European", Pah!

I'm not an e-bayer either - that's why I couldn't understand the community searching instruction.

There are plenty of 'exchange only' gas-bottles being flogged on e-bay and I've always wondered about the legality of doing this on the basis that each bottle will have begun life as the property of a gas-supplying company and (as far as I can see) will always remain so. Can't say it's ever worried me much though and I've managed to accrue a small collection of freebie Calor bottles via a local recycling centre.

Archived