Replacement battery

Dons

Replacement battery  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:'( 75amp hour leisure battery down to 10v after 3 hours using 3amp coldbox. Suspect thge battery is giving me notice after nearly 3 years.

Can I, assuming that the battery box is big enough, fit a larger capacity battery

Hi again,

What is worth doing is checking your battery electrolyte level. It could just be very low, top up with distilled water or deionised water. Ideally you should do a specific gravity test and add diluted acid if required but lets not worry about it, just top up, give it a good charge and you may find it recovers a lot of its capacity and goes on for another few years.

Check the ends of the battery, if they are at all swollen , ditch it.

If you have oodles of endless cash, just buy a new battery.

I do wonder sometimes about the economies of buying fancy batteries with all teh latest technology, ok they may give more power, and last longer but is it really economic, especially as if neglected is a lot of money down the drain if it fails. Cheap and cheerful every few years and if you accidently discharge and leave flat for too long its not a lot of money wasted or to replace.

Jon.

Archived