Fiat reversing sensor switch, where?????

tezza

Can anyone one tell me where on my gearbox I can find the above switch, I am getting no power to my reversing light or reversing sensors, I have checked the bulb in my car so I know it works, I have removed every fuse (one at a time) and all are Ok, the only other option is the gearbox switch?

The engine is a Fiat 2.3 JTD 2006 model on an Ace Napoli.

Tezza

The reverse light switch will be mounted somewhere on the gearbox casing. On older Ducato boxes it was on the top but I'm not sure about the newer variants. You'll probsbly need to remove a few other bits to get a clear view of the gearbox, the switch will have two wires going to it.

D.

It is on the top of box near the front. About 2 inches to the right of joint with flywheel bell housing. If you put your head down to just left of bonnet catch and look in towards box you shoud see it. Probably best way from above is to remove air filter housing and hose to front and then I think you shoud be able to reach into it.

What I have never found though is the rpm sensor for the Flywheel - apparently you remove it to insert a locking pin for undoing the crankshaft pulley bolt - I gave up in the end and put it in gear deciding a design change had occured and sensor is now on camshaft. Anyone know? Although academic now for me as cambelt is now changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record the switch is housed under the clutch cable bracket, absolute bugger to get at, in the end I booked it into the garage and they replaced it under warranty.

If anyone in South Wales or Bristol area that has a Fiat based van that needs assistance try The Fiat garage in Chepstow, Tel. 01291 623304, absolutely fantastic service.

Terry

Archived