renault boring.no problems

Den

reading all about problems with fiat ect my renault master van and merc mh are missing all the limelight.no recalls no water ingress under the bonnets. no judder in reverse. i know not many mh's are based on renault but they are out there. :-D

1....merc suspension little soft but comfy!!!!!

2...renault suspension perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very keen on the Devon 'Limousin' based on the MWB master, but they are a bit difficult to get to see one 'Live' as it were. Devon were not at the NEC in February and I am not sure as to where to see one ?

I live in SW Wales, the nearest dealer appears to be Elite motorhomes in Banbury ? Pity they don't have any more dealers. :D

it maybe more agricultural than a merc or maybe a fiat but when did you here anyone complain about renault.my work van is renault (self employed) my mh is a la voyager 850 on a merc 3ltr auto.first van covered 250,000 miles+. second van new march last year desperatly tried to get me home from hereford to worcester last July but road (river at the time stopped it)having some 3foot of waterinside it still started 3 days later,but ins scrapped it..now have the 2.5 150 hp quick shift 6 ..average mpg 34.8 last week acheived 41+ (had to work at it) van is kitted out medical workshop and carrying large amount of surgical instruments...did try a fiat some time ago.. well less said the better.

My old "Holdsworth Ranger" was on a Renault Traffic rear wheel drive, no problems at all. Nice and easy to drive, did not have power steering, not needed. Wish I still had it but strokes forced me to get an automatic gear box. But I am not complaining about my automatic Transit. My old pal has just PXed his Merc Autotrail for a Renault Master Autocruise and says it is faster and smoother than the Merc was, but traction in snow and mud not so good, and he was always a Merc man for many years, even his cars were Mercs.

hi ranger do'nt forget the quick shift 6 gearbox is like tiptronic and auto,but you do not loose economy unlike the auto vehicles.you have 2 pedals and dash board gear change.im no mechanic but i'm sure gear change is carried out electronicaly unusual bit of kit simular to the merc.but i feel more refined.

Yes I know what you mean Den, my car is a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2, Similar gear box, six foreward gears auto or sequential, Single plate dry clutch so good low fuel consumption. They call it an automated manual transmision. All done by electric motors I think and an E.C.U. and as you say only TWO pedals. Dutch Built by Daimler Benz Smart, very low tax, was £115, now gone up to £120, very nice but can't afford a new Renault Master, but it's on my "wish list".

My Renault Master's Quickshift autobox is almost aways very smooth with its changes both up and down. Economy is claimed by Renault to average 8% better than manual because of the robotics' efficiency. I am averaging 29.5 mpg on a van always loaded close to max 3500Kg. It's a very impressive piece of kit.

Bob

I've managed 41.9, trying very hard,but the average having travelled worcs to 3 corners of leicester ,following day nuneaton and telford and today newport and averaged 37.4 and thats running close to weight limit permanently .

my renault van is used fof work and normally covering 175000 to 250000 and the later one i keep in touch with present owner . I do molycuddle them but other than serviceing and tyres i do not expect to spend anything on spares. I keep them 3 to 3 years and they always look like new . NO rust spots no mechanical problems,,,,,,,,,,but they do not swim so good

Archived