new "secma 4 fun" tow car......

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

wondering how trailer law applies to something like this... it is the slightly bigger brother of the qpod :-D

-- 2 cylinder, 4 stroke, water cooled injected petrol engine, overhead camshaft - Multipoint electronic injection system

- Capacity: 505cc, 72mm bore x 62mm stroke

- Max. Torque : 32.5 Nm at 2200 rpm

- Max Power : 15Kw (21 HP)

- 5 speed manual gearbox with integral differential driving to rear wheels

- Length : 2,75 m

- Width : 1,48 m

- Height : 1,63 m

- Weight : 393 kgs

- Max. Speed 90 km/h

maison_40.jpg.a44782fec95fab4e57a7199bd40ab67d.jpg

maison2_26.jpg.c782fa47c09733bede9863df2ba833da.jpg

q43.jpg.f24b903cd990cf95dd9f7edc5ff49eb2.jpg

q46.jpg.58f9783af4b173d23e71e7682f4cece4.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
tamworthkamper - 2008-03-26 11:51 PM

Paint work would match the new bustner when it comes .Any idea of the price .It looks quite fun. I wonder how it tows at speed.

Mmm..... I always wanted a boat as well *-)

surely they must lock the front wheels somehow??

also would the drivetrain like being pulled at speed in reverse

no idea as to UK price but I think I saw one at 5300 euro but may have been a different model

As far as I'm aware the only point of trailer law that it doesn't meet is the brakes. Being a car it will have brakes on all four wheels therefore they must operate on an over-run coupling which that drawbar doesn't have. Plus I seriously doubt if one pair of wheels being braked could meet the 50% braking efficiency requirement.

As for the transmission not liking being dragged backwards I suspect its rear engined and rear wheel drive.

Apart from that it does look like a better solution than an A frame rig.

D.

Guest JudgeMental
davenewell@home - 2008-03-27 6:56 AM

As for the transmission not liking being dragged backwards I suspect its rear engined and rear wheel drive.

D.

the qpod is rear engined but this is front engined, thats why they tow it backwards,,,,*-)

Secma is a French company and pictures are from France, info sent by a UK agent "SouthCoastMicroCars.com"

Look out for the air car being produced in France due out later this year, it was featured in "French connections" and I saw a bit about it on the Tv designed by ex F1 engineer, has carbon fibre air tanks runs on compressed air with on board compressor,which you plug in at home and a little back up engine if you run out of puff. Fibre glass body. Price less than 5000Euro. looked good fun and ideal for running around town I think it is supposed to do about 150k on a charge of air. If successful though then maybe there will be a new tax on air!

Guest JudgeMental

D.

Yes Dave, you were right, I failed to read stuff I copied over properly*-)

quote" 5 speed manual gearbox with integral differential driving to rear wheels

the "air car" probably looks a better bet, as it has proper doors, but unlikely to be as light and be able to lift on to a tow hitch like one of these.....so you are back with the inherent problems of towing legally :-D

its been discussed on here before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqpGZv0YT4

JudgeMental - 2008-03-27 11:59 AM

D.

the qpod is rear engined but this is front engined, thats why they tow it backwards,,,,*-)

Secma is a French company and pictures are from France, info sent by a UK agent "SouthCoastMicroCars.com"

Fair comment Ed, but in your first posting you said that it has a five speed manual transmission with integral differentila driving the rear wheels. this surely means that having the rear wheels off the ground the drive train will not be subjected to any grief.

D.

Guest JudgeMental
terry1956 - 2008-03-27 2:45 PM

Hi, I think you need to relook at the price, its 11500 euros on the road, the older 330cc secma was a whole lot less.

terry

Thats approx £8500 they have got to be joking...

Archived