1000w inverter £55

Den

Hi,

I'll leave the experts to give you chapter and verse, but basically they can be heavy on the battery and I believe they are not very efficient so you use more to power the appliance than the appliance normally uses. However they have their uses, we use ours for charging up the laptop for instance as we don't have a 12v power cord for it and the small invertor we use was less than a quarter of the cost of a power cord.

Bas

Mandy&Andy - 2008-03-29 4:00 PM

Would a 300W run a travel hairdryer, friend is having a panic attack about not being able to dry her hair while we are away so she has bought a 300W inverter.

Thanks

Mandy

I wouldn't have thought it was powerful enough but as she has already bought the inverter why not try it. I wouldn't use my travel hairdryer on our inverter, I think mine is 1000w one.

mmmm thats what we thought and did try to explain to her, a bad hair day coming up I feel!! a few of the Aires that I have planned for us have ELH so fingers cross they work for a change and she can maybe set it in concrete lacquer :-D

Thanks for that

Mandy

HI i bought the inverter from cpc. a company probably more associated with the trade. but you can find them on the internet. in the special offer section its £55+vat but a real bargain. I did plug in the mirowave and the small vacuum at the same time. Its protected so want blow up,amazingly both worked fine.(this was only a trial, wont have 2 running at same time) hey im a bloke anyway, we don't multitask!!!!!!!!!! should anyone req one let me know. I can always help out..and yes they do consume some amps but remember you only use the microwave for a few mins and today my solar with little sun has replaced all i used while messing about. no external charger was used. the microwave i did purchase was a 700w and very compact ideal for mh's

Archived