Electric step

benimar

Hello again, sorry to ask so many questions, Im all excited at finding this great forum.

My new, well nearly new van has an electric step but does not retract if the ignition is switched on, unlike the old Benimar.

Can somebody please tell me the best way to accomplish this.

I can fit warning light to the dash as if it were an open door.

Guest JudgeMental

it really is a good idea to give a little more info on what van you actually have......maybe then you will get the help you need.

you can put your vehicle details under your name and avatar.

my step has a warning bleeper on dash which stops you turning on the ignition . but I can switch the step on/off from a button on the dash or by the door.

Our fridge packed up on the way home from France. I searched the forum and found you had had a problem, read the replies and a day later the search doesn't bring it up again. It's so irritating.

If you could direct me to your thread I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Heather

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2008-03-29 11:44 PM

Eddie help the lady Heather he isnt on at the momnent but I am sure he will see it soon . And just to make sure he will you can always PM him.

what am I a mind reader lol

I have had so many problems.....its troubling to remember them all *-)

all I can suggest is you post your problem in a fresh thread?. as mine have been due to a loose neutral connection in mains hook up and the other was on gas - which was not a problem at all, just my mistake :-D

look, I am going to put the clocks forward and get to bed....night all :-D

Quote[Hello again, sorry to ask so many questions, Im all excited at finding this great forum.

My new, well nearly new van has an electric step but does not retract if the ignition is switched on, unlike the old Benimar.

Can somebody please tell me the best way to accomplish this.

I can fit warning light to the dash as if it were an open door]Quote

I presume that this is a Kwikee electric step here is their web site

http://www.kwikee.com/Asteps.html

Most of the problems with these steps are due to their being exposed to all the elements and also this time of year to salt!

1. Bad earth

2. Lack of lubrication on all swivels and arms

3. There is a multi connector that some times get corrosion in to

Another useful link

http://boards.eesite.com/board.cgi?boardset=RVForum&boardid=Maint&thread=36&spec=6383481

Regards Pat

Many thanks. My step at present is a simple switch up to close and switch down for out, not even a warning light on the dash for the step or slide outs.. The van is an RV with 2 slide outs, I might consider this affair for them also, but I will visit Peterborough first to discuss with fellow MHs. We picked the van up on Friday from Brownhills, traded in our Benimar with self retracting omnistor step, had it on the drive all weekend teaching ourselves how to use it. The wife wants to do her air hostess bit in the back before we depart for each journey. ie fire exits, oxygen masks, life vests etc etc and then do step and slideout routine! Should be a good dance.

Steve

Archived