POI Edit

crob

A year or so ago, one of you kind motorhomers put up instructions on how to download the POI Edit programme, and then run it each time that I want to update my POI's. This was helpful to a point, BUT I can't get the d*** thing to work.

I have downloaded the POI Edit software, and I can see it sitting in my programme files. When I try to run it, I get the opening screen and I click the third box down - "Open Autoupdate Manager". I select the site I want -POI Handler.com, but all I get is the proverbial eggtimer going. I then check with Task Manager to find that POI Edit is not running.

Has anyone else had this problem? If not, can you suggest what I am doing wrong, please?

Thank you.

Colin Robinson.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  When I go into the same place there is usually a delay before it shows the list of POI web site suppliers.  Depending on your internet connection will depend how long you wait.

I have an 8mb connection and can wait up 10-15 seconds for the page to open.

If you only want to update your previously selected POIs then you should be clicking the bottom box (Auto Update Now) or pressing F9.

Don't forget that you do not copy the .INF file to your TomTom.

W2G

Archived