Overnight parking Calais

Ventoux

I have done a 'Search' and trawled through Posts but, cannot locate the info somebody shared about the location of the above.

I am crossing Dover Calais tomorrow evening and would like to park overnight in Calais/Calais ferryport

Hi .. Calais aires is immediately opposite the harbour entrance.. to get there from the ferry you must go into the town then follow the signs.. don't follow the road out to the motorway... I have always stopped there the evening before I get an early sailing back to england.. for evening sailings to France.. I usually stop in one of the motorway aires. ( with adequate security of course ) then I am already 'on my way' so to speak... enjoy your holiday

Aire on Calais harbour seafron is a pay one, when the office is open & attended.! But appreciate that you ought to try to pay or chance getting a ticket. The aire is equipped with dump point as well.

And close by are very good fish restaurants .

The drive through town is often busy, with tourists in cars (?) so watch out for inexperienced drivers. Follow the signs to the "plage" and then signs to caravan site, which is accessed behind aforesaid restaurants.

We have often stayed at the Aire in Calais and this is its recent history:

2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 completly free.

2005 barriers appeared and (sometimes) payment was requested by the folk who run the (almost) adjacent camp site.

2006, 2007 barriers broken / removed / stolen and no requests for payment by anyone at all.

2008 ?

Hi stayed there in Sep. last year for 2 nights, guy came around about 11.00 paid €7 per night, and got a ticket to put on the screen, stayed again this Jan and coming back early Feb again for two nights, the guy didn't appear. Maybe he only bothers in the summer? As the Aire was a bit quiet.

Olley

we've stayed many times and never paid off season, and have only paid once last year. Intresting place never sleep to well and yes restraunts are pretty good and freindly.chippy in carpark pretty good to. we now make a point of parking up just inside entrance on left, much quiter (noise from the ships seems to go all night.

Guest Tracker

According to my map it's Grande Fort Phillipe and there are plenty of good level and free parking bays by the river.

We have used it a couple of times and whilst it is not an official Aire it is widely used and is a quiet overnight spot with a good dog walk along the breakwater.

There are houses nearby so we wouldn't stop more than overnight, although some do.

I can't tell you how to get to it - but I know the way and it isn't difficult to find!

Somewhere else to consider is Franglais Wine warehouse. Follow the autoroute toward Boulogne, exit at SP 'Frethun' and travel toward Frethun. Almost Immediately after crossing the autoroute you will see a large yellow building on your right. This is 'Franglais'. You are welcome to camp up overnight but you are expected to spend your spare Euros on wine or spirits here ( not much beer stocked). This is not for the faint-hearted, however, as it is so quiet at night that you might be disturbed by owls passing overhead! Been there a couple of times in the last year and have never slept so well! Must be the vino! BTW - it is open between 0900 - 1900 usually but sometimes has late evening wine-tastings.

Archived