autotrail 635 cheyenne roof rails

sunbeam

Hi Edgar, our last MH was a Cheyenne 635 and our roof rails were part of original order from Autotrail. Have you tried the Autotrail Owners Association? - or you could try Paul at Autotrail in Grimsby - he deals with after sales queries.....

Hi Edgar

Just a thought, have you tried to lift canoes up that high yet? It's quite a height, you also need to check that the roof will take the weight of the rails, canoes and you whilst you go up there ... if you try, and find you can't lift the canoes up or there are restrictions for the roof, I thought I'd mention that I just happen to have at present a one owner, as new, inflatable canoe for sale! :D (lol) (lol)

I got two stainless steel bars complete with brackets welded on, made up by a local metal fabrication company. The bars simply screwed onto the existing longitudinal roof bars.

I paid something like £50.00 if I remember correctly. As Mel points out, I nearly "strained me greens" lifting the kayak up onto the roof though!

Guest Le Thou

The biggest problem you may have is to get a good fixing or anchor point because the roof is of "sandwich" construction and the only battens within the roof section are there for cable and pipe fixing and therefore offer no lateral strength.

The only way you will be able to fix anything will be through the roof into the internal area and by using a spreader plate to disperse the loading.

Hope that helps.

Archived