Draughs in Cab area of Auto Trail Tracker EKS

Brod

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the madhouse that we call the forum Dave and I hope that you had a good trip.

You don't say which model Ducato your Tracker is on, but assuming it is the previous model, these Ducato/Boxer cabs are well known for being draughty. I don't know about the latest model.

The main problem is the cab heater which finds it hard to pump out a high enough volume of warm air to displace the cold air coming in through the vents in the cab doors - and everywhere else in the conversion too.

The purists will argue against due the the makers wish for air circulation to reduce the risk of corrosion but I find that blocking off the vents below the door pockets, the slotted vents on the door metalwork below the locking mechanism and the area around the lower seat belt mounts works wonders.

If you use removable blocking it can always be - err - removed in warmer times, or when the van is out of use to allow air circulation.

The cab doors fit is often hit and miss and there can be great gaps twixt door and rubber door seals. There is a little bit of adjustment on the door lock striker plates but it would be as well to mark where they were before slackening the bolts to adjust as their position can be critical to the doors opening and shutting properly.

If you prise the rubber door seals off of their flange you can sometimes beat the flange outwards enough to seal the air gap when the seal is replaced. A flat wooden block against the offending flange and hit it with a large hammer works well at pushing the flange out without distorting it by hammer blows.

Failing that, the addition of a second sealing strip of draught excluder to the door is the only other practical answer that I know of.

Guest Tracker
Brod - 2008-04-04 1:36 PM

Thank you for the info Tracker, by the way the model is 2008 and is based on the Fiat. I am after ammo to fire at the supplier when they check it out under warrenty.

In which case my info is probably of no use to you because, although you don't say, yours is probably on the new model Ducato - the one with all the reversing problems!

have a look behind both seats there may be a gap were the floor meats the cab area , some times the sealant is missing .the gray plastic strip needs to be screwed to pillar.  daft question have you read the book on heating and were to have controls . on our 08  found controls different to our last van

Archived