Bessacarr E785 Flood damaged

Itexuk

Hi, My first post as I have just bought my first Motorhome.

If anyone is interested I know of a Bessacarr E785 that is for sale that had minor water damage from these floods. This motorhome looks perfect, it is the top of the range with leather upholstery, air con, 160 motor, etc etc. I gather the on the road price would have been £54,000.

My contact who bought it direct from the insurance company wants in the region of £39,000 ono

I have just bought from them a new top of the range Mobilvetta that was also in the flood with little or no damage for £18,000 under list. :-D :-D :-D

braunston - 2008-04-07 7:32 PM

Hi,

Have they any manufacturers warrantee either from the motorhome manufacturer or the cab/chassis manufacturer and do you know if they are they recorded as financial losses by the insurance companies.

The company selling them build special motorhomes for car / bike racers. Mine has been fully checked over and anything that need replacing / clearnig / servicing has been done + all oils changed. ( Mine had not been in deep water) I have the log book for mine which came from the insurance company and it does not say anything in it, just a standard log book. No warrantee from motorhome manufacturer, not sure about Fiat but the company I bought from have given me a 6 month warrantee on all the major parts. Engine, Gearbox, oil heater, Electrics etc etc.

Had a good look at the Bessacarr today and could not find any sign of water being inside.

Don't wish to rain on your parade, (excuse the pun!), but someone at the insurance company wrote these vehicles off for a reason. They must have been more than stood in a puddle for a few days for that to have happened. Six months warranty isn't much in the life of a motorhome, and especially not one that doesn't cover the habitation parts of the van.

Tomo3090 - 2008-04-07 8:52 PM

Don't wish to rain on your parade, (excuse the pun!), but someone at the insurance company wrote these vehicles off for a reason. They must have been more than stood in a puddle for a few days for that to have happened. Six months warranty isn't much in the life of a motorhome, and especially not one that doesn't cover the habitation parts of the van.

My 6 months warranty does cover major parts of the habitation. Before I bought it I spent hours ( At least 8 hours ) checking everything out, inside and out, even had it over their inspection pit. As I said the lads who own this company build from scratch bespoke motor homes so if I did have problems I am more than happy they could and would fix.

Very happy with my purchase and saved over £18,000.

Taking it to Geneva at the weekend and I don't expect to be coming back on the back of a trailer 7 days later

(lol)

PS. If anyone is looking for a top of the range motorhome at a bargain price and they are in or near Somerset it's worth a look.

Remember the floods last year, in Worcestershire/Herefordshire. Well on the worcs to hereford rd, i got caught in deep water,loosing battery power first(battery under the floor in renault masters) not much entered the cab and maybe 5or6 inches in the rear. We mannaged to push it out, but dammage done. Insurance not happy to cover, and engine started blowing smoke. Van covered less than 3000 miles, amazing how water penertrated wireing loom ect. In the end it was scrapped, and i,m sure someone now the proud owner. I,m just glad that person is not me!!!

Derek Uzzell - 2008-04-08 9:12 AM

Itexuk:

Only company I'm aware of that builds bespoke motorhomes of the type you describe (and is based near Somerset) is RC Developments Sporthomes - though they are actually located in Devon. Is this the firm you are referring to, please?

Derek have sent you a PM

Archived