German Umwelt Zone sticker

Don Madge

Don Madge - 2008-04-29 8:29 AM . . . . I spoke to a few motorhomers at the Peterborough show who tour Germany and none of them were aware of the "Umwelt Zones". It seems only the on line forums have publicised the restrictions. Last year I spoke to Bernice Hoare the Editor of Caravan Europe and the club have some details of the zones in Caravan Europe 2 (Germany) but I think that's about it. I'm not sure whether they have published any details in the club magazine. There will be a lot of very unhappy motorhomers if they have to pay out €40 every time they are stopped in a zone without the correct sticker. There's a very good explanation on MHF by PJ at http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-43830-.html Don
  Struth Don, there could be some unhappy campers over there by the sound of it.  Thanks for the link I'll have a read

Way2Go - 2008-04-29 5:17 AM

Thanks Mick, that's bottom right on the driver's side, yeah?

Mine was placed on the windshield by the TUV official and he was very specific that it should go where he put it - lower right hand side, so that it could be easily inspected by parking officers.

On mine (LHD), that would be passenger side - if you are RHD, that would be driver's side.

I posted my application to Cologne in early February but received nothing. Taking a cue from Don Yates (15/4/08), I e-mailed the Cologne tourist office. They passed it on to the mayors office. They replied, in German, that they had no trace of my papers but what was my address. A few more questions and answers (in German) and I eventually received the sticker last week. It paid to persevere. Useful addresses;

Cologne tourist office.... info@koelntourismus.de

Umwelt office........ christoff.pfeiffer@stadt-koeln.de

free translation service... www.reverso.net

snailblazer - 2008-05-01 9:52 PM

I posted my application to Cologne in early February but received nothing. Taking a cue from Don Yates (15/4/08), I e-mailed the Cologne tourist office. They passed it on to the mayors office. They replied, in German, that they had no trace of my papers but what was my address. A few more questions and answers (in German) and I eventually received the sticker last week. It paid to persevere.

Useful addresses;

Cologne tourist office.... info@koelntourismus.de

Umwelt office........ christoff.pfeiffer@stadt-koeln.de

free translation service... www.reverso.net

Tried chasing up my sticker but christoff.pfeiffer's address doesn't appear to be active any more. Perhaps he's retired on the back of all those 5 Euro notes we've sent him!! (only joking, Christoff!)

Archived