2.8idTD Automatic?

neillking

Hi all, anyone know anything about the <06 Ducato auto box and in particular driving experiences and typical fuel consumption in an a-class? I'm familiar with autos having had several larger cars with them and have experienced the whole range from very thirsty right through to more economical than the equivalent manual(!). I've no knowledge though of an auto on a 3.5-4t vehicle. Any reports, links, etc., very welcome! The ones I can afford are likely to be 2004-2005 so we're not really talking new model here except maybe in a comparative sense.

Best regards, Neill.

PS: I tried searching and am now very familiar with both no-match and server-error!

neil the year you are quoting would make the engine a jtd not an idtd, as you probably know the jtd is a common rail diesel and would be more suited to auto being computer controlled ,the idtd is conventional mechanical injector pump, although im not sure if either came as auto

Yes - thanks, slip of the brain(!), my current Hymer is 2.8idTD and I've got that on the brain because I've been shopping around for a 72K service. And of course you're quite right the automatics I'm looking at are with the JTD engine - mostly still the 2.8.

I'm going to re-post this because the title will confuse and maybe put people off who could contribute re the JTD!!

Best regards - Neill.

Archived