new to traveling motorhome

Brenda webber

We would like to travel from spain Almeria area up through france Belgium holland accross to northern Britain around Scotland back down the west side and again back through france to spain (home) leaving early june returning probably sept-oct. can anyone please help with interesting places to view, we also have two dogs, although we enjoy architeture we are more country inclined although the wine/beer route sound nteresting

Gosh - what a question Brenda!

The truth is there are unlimited places to visit of interest and the best way to view it is by thinking 'that's the way I'll go this time and next time I'll go a different way!'

Every one of the members on this forum are likely to have their favourite places and one of ours in France is the Loire valley - but there are other places we haven't seen yet such as the Dordogne and that could change everything!

I'm not sure what crossing you are intending to use to come to Britain but North Yorkshire has much to offer with beautiful countryside, coastline, the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, castles, cathedrals and lovely cities like York and Ripon.

Have a wonderful trip.

David

sounds absolutely brilliant!

we'd probably stick to the coast as much as possible - but then we're a couple of boringly predictable old ****s (lol)

with a thing for crepes n dutch apple pie n belgian beers

for architecture - see Rotterdam - seriously weird stuff there

B-)

ps - if you're going anywhere near Antwerp check out Ina's post about tunnel toll charges

Well if your going into Holland I suppose the quickest way to Scotland is the crossing from Amsterdam to Newcastle, there you could follow the A1 to Edinbrugh from there you could make your mind up which side you want to be either past Stirling and up the East or over past Glasgow to the west either way it is all lovely, its our most favourate place to be.

Mind I dont want to put you off visiting the Yorkshire dales as they are our local and in my opinion the prettiest places in England, its just a case of knowing what mileage you want to do. We are going to see as much as we can of Holland Germany and France  for the first time this  year! but I wont enjoy the travel to the Tunnel I like the quieter roads in the North.

Hi Brenda & Basil

If you are coming up to Denby Dale, Exit 39 M1and follow your nose. Check out when the Pie festival is on and if you are in UK at time it is well worth a visit. Rhubarb capital of Europe is Wakefield! - there is also the National Mining Museum and Henry Moores famous sculptures in Bretton Park-all within 10 minutes of Denby. Plenty of places to walk the dogs also.

If you come to Yorkshire you will always be made welcome and if you're stuck for an overnighter, give us a call

Have a good trip

Mike

maggyd - 2008-04-12 5:43 PM

Well if your going into Holland I suppose the quickest way to Scotland is the crossing from Amsterdam to Newcastle, there you could follow the A1 to Edinbrugh from there you could make your mind up which side you want to be either past Stirling and up the East or over past Glasgow to the west either way it is all lovely, its our most favourate place to be.

Mind I dont want to put you off visiting the Yorkshire dales as they are our local and in my opinion the prettiest places in England, its just a case of knowing what mileage you want to do. We are going to see as much as we can of Holland Germany and France for the first time this year! but I wont enjoy the travel to the Tunnel I like the quieter roads in the North.

other crossing option is to HullIt's also the one we always use - I know it's expensive - we used to pay with Tesco vouchers so will have to rethink options / frequency from 2009 [got this years in in time]but really can't envisage traipsing down to Kentthe Hull option is much more civilised imosurprising how quickly your time allocated to travel can simply disappear into thin air once you start - suggest you also keep an open mind about just how far you intend travelling - be flexible - and don't be too disappointed if you don't get as far as you think *-) B-)

Archived