Swivel seat bases that are too high

mikeamapola

Hello !

Can anyone help?

We have a 2004 Fiat Ducato based Adria Twin van with swivel seats to both cab seats. As my wife and I are 'verticaly challanged' our feet dangle a few inches above the floor. My wife will often overcome the problem by puting her feet up on the dash.

I'm not so lucky as you can't do that while you drive ! (or can you?)

Are any reduced hight bases available ?

Or, has anyone overcome this problem by fitting an alternative manufactures base box ?

Any suggestion welcome as long as they don't involve corrective sugery 1

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've read about this problem on and off and as far as I know there's no way of lowering these seats as it's the swivel base that increases the height.

I think something to use as a foot-stool is the quickest fix, a plastic toolbox covered with a bit carpet or such-like which also doubles as storage for bits and pieces or a step.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi- Have you thought along the lines of fitting a false floor in the footwell area. The old Talbots used to suffer from a similar problem which caused the ankle of the drivers foot to ache, perhaps made up of support timber and plywood top covered in cab type carpet. Care would have to be shown near the foot controls though, but worth a few hours of investigation. Good luck. chas

mikeamapola - 2008-04-12 2:56 PM

My wife will often overcome the problem by puting her feet up on the dash.

I'm not so lucky as you can't do that while you drive ! (or can you?)

You can if you get Dave Newell to fit you a cruise control, helps to make it much more comfortable on a long journey.

Bas

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Archived